Monday, April 12, 2010

Back on the Blogging wagon-- The Red Pepper is Born!

Hello everyone! I am sure no one reads our blog these days, since we haven't made a post in over a year! The reason for this is that in September 2008 we moved back to Portland, Oregon, ending our international adventures for the time being. These days, I (alletta) am working for an immigration attorney and slaving away at applying to law schools, and Ryan is working once more in the bike industry, as a sales associate at the Bike Gallery.

The other day, it occurred to us that this blog has become a bit of wasted space and that we ought to do something useful with it. Also, it occurred to me, that I am always making up all kinds of crazy recipes that turn out absolutely delicious, but that I never write these things down, resulting in my forgetting what I even did a few months later.

And so, a new purpose for Cute+Fuzzy has been born!

From now on, I am going to blog my tasty culinary exploits, with pictures and all, for my own future reference, and also for the free benefit of anyone out there who might enjoying trying them out too. This is especially the case for those out there who like myself, suffer from severe migraine headaches, find that diet plays a key role in improving their symptoms, and notice that good recipes that exclude problem ingredients are hard to come by.

A good idea of what you can look forward to on my new incarnation of this blog includes-- healthy vegetarian dishes that are migraine friendly (that is, that steer clear of Tyramine, which has been shown to cause severe headaches in many people, including myself). You can also look forward to lots of delicious recipes that focus on whole foods, local and seasonal ingredients and that are made from scratch whenever possible. I will also be sharing my adventures in home cheese-making and fresh pasta-making, as well as some of my experiments with homemade breads. Although I love to spend a Saturday slowly working through the steps of a particularly complex project, I promise there will also be plenty of quick and easy dishes too, given that I do have a full-time job.

I look forward to sharing my adventures with you! Let me know what you think!

love alletta

No comments: