Sunday, November 12, 2006

Victory!!


Hello all,
November 2006 seems to be the month of gifts. On the 7th we were given some change in Washington (See right). Further, I was given some good news as well.

For starters I had my first progress in dealing with a temp agency. I had made several other attempts to get registered with them but then it would go no further. Finally, a agency called by back and I went in and had a talk with her. I went in to her office and we had a nice little chat. She told me that, while she could likely get me a few jobs here and there that it would be unlikely that she could find me permanent work. Her agency deals with office support and various other fields. She also made it clear to me that I should not expect to make anything over £6.00 a hour. Which, even at part time would be more than enough. After our chat she had me take some skill tests. One was on using Microsoft word. The test was very frustrating because it had no room for error. It would ask you to one task and if you did not do exately as it wanted it counted as wrong. The other test was for data entry. I typed slow but had good accuracy. She said that she might have something for me in the next few weeks.

Later that same day Alletta found something very exciting on the University of Edinburgh's website. She was looking at the job vacancies for a possible research assistant job for winter break. What she found was a job titled "Waste & Recycling Assistant". This job was basically exactly the same as my old job in Eugene, which I held for over 3 years, except that it pays better and includes a little more responsibility. So needless to say I was a little excited about the whole thing.

So I spent the remainder of the evening writing up the application, which I then turned in the next day. The downside is that the job posting does not close until November 30th. So potentially I have to wait until then before I here back abut it. I don't wanna count my chickens before they hatch, but I really feel, like I've never before in applying for so many jobs here, that I am uber-qualified for this one.

So now I wait.

Yeah, November.

Be sure to send me many goods thoughts of employment.

Many thanks,

Ryan

No comments: