Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Greetings!

Hello! This is Linda. I was privileged to work with the lovely Alletta last year at a Portland area law firm, and we quickly realized our mutual love for cooking and vegetarianism, among other things. She's entrusted me with the title of co-administrator of this recipe blog, and while I don't think I am quite on par with Alletta's cooking and experience, I'd love to have a place to deposit my "recipes" (if for any reason, because I need to start writing things down more). Maybe I'll start my own blog one of these days, but right now I'll add things as I think of them.

What I eat is really important to me, and pretty much nothing will make me "too busy" to take the time to prepare (or sometimes, let's face it, purchase) a half-decent meal. As a law student though, it's hard to do this, so my focus on recipes is centered around 1) what is relatively quick to make (I say relatively, because I don't count microwaving as making something), 2) what keeps well as leftovers for us to take to work/school for lunch (remember the "student" part? I have no money). We don't eat meat, and generally avoid dairy as well. As a result, we usually end up making some variation of a brown rice stir-fry, but I'll try to be more creative with what I post here :) I also enjoy baking vegan treats, so I might add some of those in here, too. My next foray will hopefully be into the gluten-free baking world.

Anyways, that's me, and hopefully I'll post a couple recipes here soon!

No comments: