Friday, September 23, 2011

Finally in BOSTON!

Hey folks... so after a VERY long delay in postings, I thought I had better explain what is going on! So much has happened these past six months, I don't even know where to start! Ryan and I have now moved to Boston, where I have just started my first year at Harvard Law School. While I hit the books, Ryan is off looking for a job in a local bike shop to tide him over until this Spring, when our first born is due to enter the world!

Given the craziness of our lives these days, I can't promise that we will be updating our blog often. But in any case, now that we are off on the East Coast, we will certainly try so that we can keep everybody posted about the big things!

Since arriving in Boston at the end of August, our lives have been mostly occupied with getting settled. Our apartment is in Allston, which is an area of town just south over the Charles River from Cambridge and the Harvard campus. It is a really neat place in an old house with big bay windows, hardwood floors, a porch and a fenced yard! We arrived without any furniture, but thanks to some generous donations from our friend Al's mom Bebe (who lives in outer Boston) and Craigslist, we have managed to get ourselves pretty well set up. For the final push, all we need is some bookshelves and to get some more art on the walls! We will do our best to get some photos up as soon as we can.

Now that we have managed to get a little more settled, school is going really well. This semester I am taking Torts, Contracts, Civil Procedure, Legislation and Regulation and Legal Research and Writing. Believe it or not, I am really enjoying this so far! After getting a little bit of a rough start the first couple of classes due to getting called on A LOT (the highlight of which was getting grilled for 30 mins by the prof in my first Torts class) I am finally getting the hang of things. The homework is pretty heavy- around 4-5 hours a day- but thankfully it all makes sense! This Semester, I will also have the opportunity to participate in a reading group on the DREAM Act, work as a sub-citing grunt for the Journal of Law and Gender and help work on some independent research projects for the Immigration and Refugee Law Clinic here at school. Lucky for me to have such a nice hubby at home to keep me fed!

This weekend we will finally get a chance to do a little bit of fun stuff around Boston- including a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts Boston (courtesy of Ashley Sloan- thanks!) We will make sure to post some pictures of our little adventure.

Signing off,
Alletta (and Ryan)

No comments: