Friday, September 23, 2011

That tasty watermelon salad...

I have been meaning to post this up since the beginning of August, when I threw it together for my mom's birthday party barbecue... It went over so well, I thought I had better make a note of what went into it. I know that watermelon is just past its season now, but at least this way I won't forget how to make it. Don't be afraid of the combo of feta with fruit- watermelon loves a little salty!! Ingredients: I medium watermelon, cut into medium/small cubes (seedless works best) 1 lemon, juiced 1 cup of fresh mint, chopped 1/4 cup of honey, 3/4 cup of feta cheese, cut into small cubes Directions Place cubed watermelon in a mesh strainer, cover and place strainer over a bowl in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (up to overnight), so that excess juice drains off. In a large bowl, mix together watermelon, mint and cheese. Separately, whisk together honey and lemon juice to create a dressing. Pour dressing over salad and serve immediately. This should make enough salad for 10 people with leftovers.

No comments: