Thursday, December 14, 2006

Change, change, change...

SO, just as I am getting all settled in and comfortable in Scotland I have had a major realization. After some very deep talks with my supervisor and professors here in Edinburgh I have come to realize that it simply does not make sense to stay in Edinburgh next year. I have really enjoyed my coursework here but by the end of the year I will have exhausted most of what Edinburgh has to offer which interests me and will not necessarily get that much out of another degree at this university... So after a brief crisis I have accepted this and come to realize that really the place for me next year is going to be the London School of Economics and Politics, which offers a really fantastic multi-disciplinary degree in human rights. LSE is a world class institution and many of the folks I would be working with there are at the top of their field. Just reading all the course descriptions for this degree has got me really excited about this opportunity. Moreover, living in central London will afford me the chance to do an internship with a major human rights NGO, possibly even Anti-slavery International, whose work directly relates to my research interests. Ok then, so those of you that wait until next year to come visit us will be seeing us in London instead of Scotland. Oh well, we are going to make the most of our year in Edinburgh and after all, London will be a fantastic and dynamic place to live, if it is a bit more expensive!!

to learn more about LSE and the degree I will be doing next year, click on these links:
About LSE
About Human Rights masters degree

2 comments:

Reanne (柔安) said...

Wow, will you be able to use your scholarship to go there?

It will be sad if by the time I finally can afford to visit you both that you won't be in Scotland anymore. But then again, London seems like an amazing city. Hope everythings works out for you.

Unknown said...

Well, luckily for us we are coming this spring! We are so excited to see you guys and Scotland. it is great to hear that you made this realization sooner than later and are jazzed about what is next.