Thursday, December 14, 2006

The future and other things...

So I've got an interview today for a job in recycling. Its with the University of Edinburgh, and basically identical to my job back at U of O. I am in a good position for this interview because I've got nothing to loose. I already have a job (I'm a cashier at a bookie, Betfred) which I really like. Its easy and I get along well with my co-workers. Plus I am very qualified for this job. After all I've got nearly four years experience in doing almost the same job, plus a really nice letter of recommendation from the U of O's Recycling Program Manager, Karyn Kaplyn. (Thanks Karyn).

The more I think about it, the more I can see myself making a career out of this. I think that this could be my little niche in the world. That one thing that I actually care deeply about and would be willing to devote 40 hours per a week to. The last two years I have been looking for my species being, if you will. I have gone through many different possibilities, and most of then didn't pan out, or at least the more i thought about it the less it appealed to me.

Early, in my time at University I was so in love with that lifestyle that I thought I would stay forever and become a academic. Well, after about three years of university education I realized that I had enough of education and wanted to get out into the real world.

So now, after graduation and marriage, here I am in the real world. Living in Scotland, I feel that I am actually very excited about having a career in waste management.


Okay well, got to go,
Wish me luck.


Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are rad :) Its not waste management, its environmental management! People like you are helping us save the world!